Privacy & Cookies Policy
What information do we collect?
When you set up an account on gabbianostore.com or gabbianostore.gr, place an order, enter any competition or sign up for our newsletter we may collect your name, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, mobile number and a password. We will also require your credit/debit card details (except if you are paying via PayPal), when you are placing an order.
What do we use information for?
We use your information for the following purposes:
• To serve website content to you
• To handle orders, deliver products and process payments and refunds.
• To communicate with you about your orders.
• To update our records and generally maintain your account with us.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details.
• For our statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its services to you.
• To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
• If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
• To enter you in any competition, promotion or prize draw and for the purposes explained in the terms and conditions applicable to the competition, promotion or prize draw.
How do we protect your information?
Our site uses up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our site.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile phone or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer/device. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
• For technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products.
• To distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make when you return to visit this website.
• To collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns; and
• To enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
• Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
• Netscape Navigator: http://www.netscape.com/legal_notices/cookies.html
Third party cookies.
Some cookies may be set by third parties when you visit this website. These third parties may be suppliers who partner with us to delivery our website, companies that participate with us in affliate marketing programmes and other third parties. These cookies are controlled by the third parties, so please check the third-party website for more information about these cookies and how to manage them. These third party cookies do not collect personal data from which the third party would be able to identify individual customers.
Why do i need a password for my account?
To access your stored data on our site, you will need to input your account and password details (login details). You're responsible for maintaining the confidentially of your login details and any activities that occur under your account. If you have any concerns about your login details or think they have been misused, please contact Customer Services straight away to let us know. We can deactivate your account at any time.
How secure is my payment?
We're working with Visa and MasterCard to make shopping online with a credit card even safer, and to help protect your card against unauthorised use, just like Chip and Pin does. If your bank or card issuer is already part of this scheme, you may have already seen the Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode page when shopping online. If your bank hasn't yet introduced these measures, here's what you need to know: - Shop online with added security and peace of mind - Your password will be linked to your card, not your computer - This will help prevent unauthorised purchases. How it works: When you reach the checkout at newlook.com (or any other participating store), you can register for Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. Just sign up using the on-screen prompts, create a password, and continue shopping. You only have to sign up once, and can then use your password for any future online purchases. Alternatively, you can contact your bank directly for more information. Please note that if you choose not to register during your order today, we may need to ask you for an alternative payment method to complete your purchase.